This shop has been compensated by #CollectiveBias Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BeReadyPlayBook
This is a big week for us – my younger brother and sister are headed off to college! Both of their universities are no more than twenty minutes from our house which means…FREE BABYSITTERS! ;) I’m having serious flashbacks of when I moved to college. (Did you know I met Brian only three days after moving? While I was sporting my pajamas, of course. Ha!) I couldn’t send either of them off to college without passing on some sisterly wisdom and of course, a little college survival kit, filled with a few college life necessities!
So far in my kit I’ve included:
- A journal – to remember all those bad dates, embarrassing moments, and adventures you’ll never tell mom about (JUST KIDDING, MOM! :)
- Chocolate – chocolate is always necessary.
- Hand Sanitizer – maybe I’m a germ freak, but I always loved having hand sanitizer with me, especially after using the computers that hundreds of other people touched!
- Mints – for dates! ;)
- Motivational prints – to remind you to actually do your homework!
- Extra notebooks – I remember taking so many notes in classes! (and no, they weren’t accompanied with doodles…well at least not all of them!)
- Late Night Snacks – like Cheez-it Original crackers. It was always more fun to stay up late with the roommates if we had snacks!
- Diet Dr Pepper – absolutely essential for late night studying sessions, not to mention finals week! And the smaller size? Perfect addition for that boring class to keep you from dozing off!
- Cute straws – to accompany said beverage. (This one is definitely more for my sis :)
- And a few emergency, easy meals. Oh college life!
I picked up all my kit supplies at my local Walmart, carefully placed them all in a cardboard box, and made a few, school inspired printables to decorate the flaps. You can download the printables below! Also, starting August 28th at select Walmart stores, visitors will be able to play a digital football toss game for a chance to win $20,000 in tuition (that can also be used to pay off student loans!). Dr Pepper will be giving away free prizes as well as an additional $5,000 in tuition to one lucky winner in each location (times & locations here). Be sure to check out this site for more information on how you can #WinTuition!
Ready to make a College Survival Kit of your own? Download free printables here!