Some people collect coins, some collect baseball cards, I collect photographs. I love photos! Can’t tell? Take a look at any post in the last three years. Overload! I’ve been trying to make a conscious effort of displaying my favorites, instead of letting my hard drive collect dust. Photos add so much personalization to a home and they make me happy! Here are five ways I display photos in my home. (And, stay tuned, there’s an awesome giveaway at the bottom!)
1. IN A BOOK. I hate it when all my photos hang out on my hard drive all the time, so I’ve started actually printing them in books! Whenever we take a big trip, I always make a book. That way, I have all the photos in one place! This book is from our California beach trip last summer. It sits on our coffee table so Ellie can flip through the pages and point out “Me-ma! Papa!” and the rest of the family.
2. FRAMES. I always get asked where I buy mine. I’m becoming a frame hoarder, our house is full of them! For a simple (and oh so affordable) frame, I always go to Ikea. I love that they already come with a mat board and happen to be budget friendly. For frames I want to paint or need a little added character, I love hitting up my favorite thrift store and even yard sales. Though I love hanging them on the wall, I really love having them on our ledges in the living room. They’re easy to change up and I can avoid leaving nail holes everywhere!
3. PHOTO BANNER. I made a photo banner for Ellie’s birthday last year, and have kept it up ever since. Well, minus the balloons and all the pink. ;) Every few months, I like to update the photos with new ones. It’s an easy (and cheap!) way to display a few more photos around our home. I just used a piece of ribbon and mini clothespins.
4. HANG IT. I’m currently loving hanging my photos on a hanger. A pants hanger! I snagged a few of these the last time I was at Ikea, and they work great for hanging my large enlarged photos. Plus, they’re easy to change up.
5. And one of my favorites, ON CANVAS. I recently received this wrapped canvas from Canvas Champ. I ordered one of my favorite photos from our recent family photo session and love it! I’m often skeptical of canvas, I’ve ordered others before, and they came out alright. However, this one is by far the best quality canvas I’ve ever had. Ever! And have I mentioned how incredibly affordable the canvases are? The canvas was shipped incredibly fast, arrived in sturdy packaging, and came ready to hang. Not to mention the canvas was pulled tight and backed with a board for extra sturdiness. Brian and I are already picking out more photos to print on canvas, we were both highly impressed!
c/o Canvas Champ
And since I LOVE this company so much, I’ve teamed up with Canvas Champ and they’re graciously giving away a canvas to one lucky He & I reader. Wahoo! The giveaway will run from August 6th, 12:00 am MST until 11:59 pm MST on August 12. Please be honest with your entries. Good luck!